Ubuntu daqmx / miss: ni-daqmx-labview-2021-support

JimPanse

Hello experts,

I am trying to install the daqmx driver on Ubuntu as described here:

https://www.ni.com/de-de/support/documentation/supplemental/18/downloading-and-installing-ni-driver-...

apt-get install ni-daqmx

The installation works smoothly.

Unfortunately the VI's of the daqmx driver are not visible under Labview 2021SP1 after the installation.

I am of the opinion that you should also install the package:

apt-get install ni-daqmx-labview-2021-support

to make the VI's visible under Labview. But this package is not included anymore. In former times there was this package.

My question: How do I make the daqmx VI's visible under Labview?

Greetings, Jim

• 2 months later...

Today I remarked that synaptic knows about ni-daqmx-labview-2021-support, so I marked it and installed it. I guess that NI repos were not updated. The familiar DAQmx VIs appeared in the palette at LV restart, I can open a VI which uses them. I still have to get hold of some device to test that they really work.

• 1 year later...

We just found that the NI RHEL8 DAQmx Repo is also missing this support file and showed the same issue initially.  The DAQmx VIs would not appear on the palette, but the DAQmx package indicated it was installed correctly.  Once I found this post and let my sysadmin know about it, he was able to download the package and get DAQmx working with LabVIEW 2022.