Fast Ping

1 hour ago, Rolf Kalbermatter said:

It will still work on 32-bit LabVIEW. The 32-bit Windows Winsock is documented to use 32-bit SOCKET values,

Then they can't use the upper bits in a future version if they want it to work on 32 and 64 then :P If it was Linux, I'd be worried but M$ tend to keep backwards compatibility.

That may go fine as long as the upper 32-bits aren't used but it may also go wrong. If you change it to be a LabVIEW 64-bit integer everywhere in LabVIEW itself and configure those parameters everywhere as pointer sized integer, it will always go right,

I think we are talking at cross purposes, I am talking only of the FD arrays for the Select Single VI in this API but I think you are talking about the socket type generally. I just fixed the error in select to get it to work. You'd have to speak with the original developer, All my socket API's use a U64 on the compane and usz in the CFLN - which was why I fixed the select the way I did. I'm not planning on using this API so if there are more issues, then the owner should address them (otherwise there'll be hundreds of variants kicking around; each with their own buglets).

40 minutes ago, ShaunR said:

Then they can't use the upper bits in a future version if they want it to work on 32 and 64 then :P If it was Linux, I'd be worried but M$ tend to keep backwards compatibility.

I think we are talking at cross purposes, I am talking only of the FD arrays for the Select Single VI in this API but I think you are talking about the socket type generally. I just fixed the error in select to get it to work. You'd have to speak with the original developer, All my socket API's use a U64 on the compane and usz in the CFLN - which was why I fixed the select the way I did. I'm not planning on using this API so if there are more issues, then the owner should address them (otherwise there'll be hundreds of variants kicking around; each with their own buglets).

If you are not using this code anywhere then you are fine here. I thought you may use it in some production code and I would find it in that case not a very responsible choice to swipe it under the rug with the reasoning that it just works anhow.

If you are not using this code anywhere then you are fine here. I thought you may use it in some production code and I would find it in that case not a very responsible choice to swipe it under the rug with the reasoning that it just works anhow.

Nope. I can't use anything that I didn't write myself unless it has an explicit licence that I can adhere to . I have another solution that also supports IPv6.

Edited by ShaunR
  • 7 months later...