Remote startup of LabView VIs

Hello,

i am looking for a way to remote-start my VI.

I thought of a script which is also some kind of wrapper.

There is a Perl Server, which holds some data and the information what to do with it.

At the time of the Server Startup, LabView should not be running. LabView should start, when it is called by the "script".

I know there is a C API for LabView, but all googling or looking around through the tutorials at the NI site didnt give me information about it.

Maybe someone knows if it is possible to do smoething like that? Example below

set object_x.value 15start object_x

Thanks in Advance

Vayu

Do you want to run your VI from LV or as an executable?

If it is from LV, I guess you can add the VI path to the LabVIEW.exe command to open the VI and I also guess that if you set the VI to Run When Opened it will start running.

If you build it as an EXE, it will start running when you call the EXE.

As for the interface, if you go to the Tools>Options>>VI Server:Configuration screen, you can activate the VI server as an ActiveX server and by using TCP. By using ActiveX, you should be able to load and run the VI in exactly the same way you would use the VI server in LabVIEW. If you don't know how to use it, you should look for some tutorials and examples in the example finder. You can also read the chapter about programmatic control in the user manual (I think it's chapter 17).

I assume PERL allows you to use ActiveX servers.