Bundling Values from ini file into complex Cluster

Hello guys,

iam trying to converte Ni-Max ini files into Json files. I found a way to list all sections, keys and values and also to create the json file. What Iam struggling with is the conversion itself. I have to get the values into the right spot of the output cluster, which is pretty complex.

How can I bundle the values in such a way that it will be displayed correctly in the output cluster?

testfahrt1 - Kopie.vi

One option, perhaps not as flexible as you want but still:

OpenG Configuration file VIs can read the ini-file and convert it to clusters, which could then be converted to json using e.g. @drjdpowell's JSONtext...

To get up and running with a more flexible solution (i.e. without the need for defined clusters) you could probably pick and merge parts from those two libraries.

• Like 1

Here is a quick hack from some existing INI parsing code I had.  See if this works on NI-MAX files.

2022-06-22 09_59_21-INI to JSON Example.vi Front Panel on Untitled Project 2_My Computer.png

This VI converts the INI items to JSONpath notation, converts the values to JSON strings unless already a valid JSON value (such and numbers, true, etc.), and uses the JSONtext VIs "Unflatten JSONpath Array to Object" and "Pretty Print" to convert to JSON.

INI to JSON Example.vi

Edited by drjdpowell