(Easy How To) Install LabVIEW 2021 SP1 Community Edition on Zorin 16 and Linux Mint 21.2

Bryan

TL;DR - Download the Linux Community Edition 2021 SP1 ISO and extract it.  In the "INSTALL" and "utils/install_helpers.sh" scripts in the extracted files, replace all instances of "ubuntu" with "ubuntu|zorin".

For those who don't mind a little bit of reading (I can be long winded):

I don't know if anyone has tried this yet, but I figured I would post it for archival purposes and future LAVA searches.

For those who don't already know, LabVIEW 2021 SP1 supports Ubuntu 18 and 20.  It's worth noting, however that the VI Analyzer Toolkit is not supported on Ubuntu according to the "README.html" file that's included with the installation media. 

For grins, I tried installing it on Zorin 16 simply by running the normal "sudo ./INSTALL" command, but was met with "Sorry, LabVIEW is not currently available for this O/S and architecture...."

In order to get LabVIEW 2021 SP1 to install on Zorin 16, just open the "INSTALL" and "utils/install_helpers.sh" scripts with root privileges, and search and replace all instances of "ubuntu" with "ubuntu|zorin", then run the "INSTALL" script as usual.  

My assumption is that this may work for all distributions based on Ubuntu Bionic or Focal by adding the conditional for what is returned with the following commands.  In the example below "zorin" was returned:

$ . /etc/os-release
$ echo ${ID}
zorin

Disclaimer: Because ZorinOS isn't listed as an officially supported distribution, assume that it is not supported by NI.

Edited by Bryan
  • Like 1
  • Bryan changed the title to (Easy How To) Install LabVIEW 2021 SP1 Community Edition on Zorin 16 and Linux Mint 21.2
  • 5 months later...
20 hours ago, fabio tamburini said:

It worked perfectly for debian 12.

Have you managed to install NI Linux Device Drivers?

I'm glad it worked for you!

Unfortunately, I haven't attempted to install NI Device Drivers at this point.