Not able to acquire a waveform continuously using Agilent 2000 3000 X-Series

Youngju Nam

Hello, I am using Keysight MSOX3054A with LabVIEW 2020 via USB communication.

It works fine when I grap a single moment of waveform however, It always encountered an Error 1073807298: Could Not Perform Operation Because of I/O Error if I try to acquire a waveform continuously with "Agilent 2000 3000 X-Series Acquire Waveform Continuously.vi".

I matched LabVIEW 2020 and NI-VISA 20.0 for compatibility.

Has anyone an idea for this issue?

Thank you for your help!

39 minutes ago, Youngju Nam said:

Hello, I am using Keysight MSOX3054A with LabVIEW 2020 via USB communication.

It works fine when I grap a single moment of waveform however, It always encountered an Error 1073807298: Could Not Perform Operation Because of I/O Error if I try to acquire a waveform continuously with "Agilent 2000 3000 X-Series Acquire Waveform Continuously.vi".

I matched LabVIEW 2020 and NI-VISA 20.0 for compatibility.

Has anyone an idea for this issue?

Thank you for your help!

Try another USB port or a powered hub. It seems that something in the USB communication is getting messed up somehow. There are many possible reasons aside from actual firmware bugs in the Keysight device.

- your USB bridge in the computer is messed up, faulty or has bad drivers

- the USB port you have your device connected to is a low power USB connector and the Keysight likes to draw more power than your computer can provide. Many USB ports perform not as they should according to the specs (and so do devices, sometimes drawing high transient power surges that are not allowed according to the USB specs).

- The device might have a firmware bug, try to find if Keysight has a newer firmware available and upgrade your device if that is possible.

NI-VISA is one of the few software drivers that never was critical in having to match the LabVIEW version closely. I would be very surprised if that has anything to do with your problem.

• Like 1