how to read word documents into my labview?

i tried but failed. how to read word files and display their content to my labview front panel?

i used Activex controls. But when i run my programme, it did show the content in my panel, and word also was opend by my Activex command. U know, i just wanna show the file's content, not to open the file in the Microsoft word.

So how to read and show word file correctly?

Thanks!

i tried but failed. how to read word files and display their content to my labview front panel?

i used Activex controls. But when i run my programme, it did show the content in my panel, and word also was opend by my Activex command. U know, i just wanna show the file's content, not to open the file in the Microsoft word.

So how to read and show word file correctly?

Thanks!

5711[/snapback]

:blink: I am not sure why you want to open a word file to display in LabVIEW.

What is easier is to save the information as a text file (with extension *.txt) and then just read in the text with the read file VI's. No need for complicated ActiveX calls.

Display it as you wish after that.

Neville.

• 3 months later...
:blink: I am not sure why you want to open a word file to display in LabVIEW.

What is easier is to save the information as a text file (with extension *.txt) and then just read in the text with the read file VI's. No need for complicated ActiveX calls.

Display it as you wish after that.

Neville.

I agree with you Neville D. Just use *.txt

Let me know your reason why to use word....... ;)

• 4 years later...

My wife has quite big experience in computer sphere. But only she couldn't help in my trouble. I used the Inet and luckily observed there a good tool, which worked out my issue for seconds and would settle any question also - how can repair word doc.

:blink: Seriously? I can't tell if you are plugging a product, or are confused about the topic, or are just trolling.

• Like 2
  • 2 years later...
How about adding a captcha to the "create lavag account" that shows a LV BD and asks a CLAD-type question?

I tried suggesting something like this some years back to "keep out the riff-raff" and let the As in LAVA have at least some semblance of meaning. The suggestion wasn't met with too much enthusiasm.

I tried suggesting something like this some years back to "keep out the riff-raff" and let the As in LAVA have at least some semblance of meaning. The suggestion wasn't met with too much enthusiasm.

I don't remember seeing this thread but I can see why some would oppose it.  We are all here to help others (as well as learn) and setting the bar (even a low one) may hinder others from finding useful information, or from teaching others.  In the end I guess I wouldn't be against adding some CLAD level question.

I'd be able to pass the CLAD captcha, but I certainly don't fit the literal description of a LAVA (not even close).  I understand that people come here to help & learn, but it would be nice if we could count on posters at least asking questions the smart way here.  Spamming is another thing that "riff-raff" do which would be fixed with a more strict gate-keeper.

Wouldn't have kept me out :D

Yeah, well, no system is perfect. ;)

Just to be clear, the point wasn't to be a snob and say "I only want CLAs here". The point was to say "you have to be this tall to go on the ride", meaning have at least a basic understanding of LV. The questions wouldn't require a brain the size of a planet to answer.

Edited by Yair
  • Like 1

I remember that thread. People got hung up on keeping out people who want to learn. How about multiple choice:

What is the format of LabVIEW's registration key:

a) A12B34567

b) AA123B4567

I remember that thread. People got hung up on keeping out people who want to learn. How about multiple choice:

What is the format of LabVIEW's registration key:

a) A12B34567

b) AA123B4567

I have licensed servers for NI product activation.  For this reason I haven't seen a license in over a year.  Now I still know what the format is, but it is not unreasonable to say someone on this forum may not.

• 9 months later...