nipbcfk.sys causes Windows 11 - Stop Code: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

plf

Has anyone seen this error 'nipbcfk.sys causes Windows 11 - Stop Code: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA' ?
I am 
running a deployed LabVIEW application on Windows 11 and the error occurs at bootup of the system. Sometimes it takes multiple reboots to get past this an into Windows. I am working with NI support on this however they have not seen this before. I have 3 Dell laptops that are all having the same issue so the likelihood of be a hardware problem seems low. The LabVIEW application requires the 2022 Q3 Patch 1 runtime engine, NI Vision Common Resources 2022 Q3 and NI-VISA Runtime 22.5.0. 

The same application built under LabVIEW 2018 has run on numerous laptops for the last 5 years and has never had this problem under Windows 10. In fact I discovered the issue on one of the Windows 11 machines using this version of the application. NI support suggested that I rebuild under the latest 'approved' LabVIEW development system for Windows 11 application development which is 2022 Q3 running on a Windows 11 machine... As you can tell this did not correct my issues. 

The application is an image capture program that uses a 3rd party camera (3rd party drivers used) and does some simple serial communication as well to control a light source.  There is nothing special about it yet 'nipbcfk.sys' seems to have issue with Windows 11.

This issue can be seen normally within the 4th or 5th reboot. I also running 'chkdsk /r /f' from the command prompt is the easiest way to see this happen, after the check disk completes (no issues found) and Windows starts to boot it happens.
I have run memtest86 memory tests on the RAM multiple times and it passes.

Any suggestions or ideas on how to troubleshoot would be greatly appreciated!

Peter

• 10 months later...
13 hours ago, Chris LIU said:

@plf

Hi, did you fix your issue? I just bought Dell laptop, have the same issue.

It's caused by new PCI transfer modes in recent chipsets for high end CPUs from Intel and AMD. The problem is not LabVIEW itself, which does not use any device drivers of its own, but one of the NI drivers you are using. Typically DAQmx and/or NI VISA are the main contender for this. The DAQmx release 2023Q3 or later supposedly has updated device drivers that will be able to deal with these new chipsets too. 

NI-VISA 2023Q3 or later should also be able to deal with these chipsets.

The problem does not occur under Windows 10 since its PCI Plug & Play subsystem does not know about these new chipsets and doesn't try to initialize them to use these new modes.

Edited by Rolf Kalbermatter