PID Vi anyone have one

I have found myself needing to use PID (probably just PI) , for this project I am using LV 2012 Pro , but it either didnt come with any of the PID stuff or it wasnt installed. Either way I cant install any toolkits as we have a dozen or so stands all over the world all with the exact same harware and software.

I was hoping somebody had a PID vi they wouldnt mind sharing. just trying to save time rather than roll my own etc... this will not be part of anything that will be sold or marketed , all internal use...

Dan

You can download PID and Fuzzy Logic Toolkit 2012, then unpack it somewhere (e.g., on your Desktop). Run this command in the admin command line:

msiexec.exe /a "C:\Users\User\Desktop\2012PIDFuzzy\Products\LabVIEW_PID_Toolkit_2012\NIPID00\NIPIDToolkit.msi" /qb TARGETDIR="C:\Users\User\Desktop\2012PIDFuzzy\Products\LabVIEW_PID_Toolkit_2012\NIPID00\NIPIDToolkit"

(Replace "User" with your username). Now go to \2012PIDFuzzy\Products\LabVIEW_PID_Toolkit_2012\NIPID00\NIPIDToolkit\ProgramFilesFolder\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2012\vi.lib\addons\control\pid\pid.llb and there you should have PID.vi along with many other VIs from that toolkit. Also note that some VIs use 32-bit lvpidtkt.dll, so it won't go in 64-bit LabVIEW.

Edited by dadreamer