Using Frame Works in tandem (DQMH and JKI.SMO)

Possible : yes

Good idea : well... Each framework will bring its scaffolding, resulting in a lot more dependencies, you might no care too much about that.

It's more about your context, if you have existing dqmh modules and existing SMOs and want to use a mix for a new project, it could make sense.

But if you're mixing the devs need to be proficient with both.

I worked on a project a while back that used JKI SMO for some lower-level functionality and had DQMH modules up top that used the JKI SMO classes. It's definitely possible, and desirable for some teams, depending on the skill level of the team members, their preferred frameworks, and which parts of the application they're responsible for.

Hi All,
Thank you for your help and sorry for confusing things on my part.

I am only one person and am still very much new in programming. I am a chemistry researcher who does a lot of laser instrumentation. I have developed two applications for my own experiments and am going to developed some more and wanted away to combine them all in one application since they have a lot of communalities. 

I was wondering if the best way is to use LOOP and to do that, I thought that SMOs give more formulised frame for writing HAL. Then I was going to Use DQMH for the rest of the software (UI, Workup, Representation, Data save, export and import and anything else that requires inter Module communications). I have attached a very rough UML diagram (Please don't judge too harshly I am not a programmer; it is done in PowerPoint and right now).
So, I was thinking if it is a good approach or should I stick only to one. Bear in mind that I am using the project to also learn LabVIEW.

Cheers,

MM

UML_HRS_ZSCAN2.jpg

Again, it all comes down to what framework(s) "click" for you. I personally would develop the application entirely with DQMH, here's a very introductory article on how DQMH and HAL concepts work together.

Other developers would have great success sticking purely to Actor Framework. Still others with JKI SMO. Learn about the different frameworks, see which one(s) align the best with your mental model, and go in that direction.

But whatever you do, don't create a new framework. ;)

P.S. - I wrote this article which might also be a good resource for you.

@Mahbod Morshediif you are new to software development then forget about things like OOP and HALs. Just start small and slowly add features. 

Pick a single framework (DQMH is probably a good place to start) and go slowly.

OOP is not the only way to write software, and in fact I would say it generally promises far more than it delivers. The implementation in LabVIEW also comes with its share of "interesting pain points". 

My advice would be stick to well understood imperative concepts (i.e. just code it as you think, forget about trying to force things into an OO model).