"Can't find.."dlg box pop-up whn some VIs r opend

m3nth

Sometime when I open some VIs for the first time a dialog box saying "Cannot find the file'//opened.vi'(or one of its components). Make sure the path and file name are correct and that all required libraries are available." is displayed. But still the VI opens and runs without any problem... Don't know whats happening.. Don't remember seeing this thing in LV 6.1..Anyone know what exactly is the cause for this.

Sometime when I open some VIs for the first time a dialog box saying "Cannot find the file'//opened.vi'(or one of its components). Make sure the path and file name are correct and that all required libraries are available." is displayed. But still the VI opens and runs without any problem... Don't know whats happening.. Don't remember seeing this thing in LV 6.1..Anyone know what exactly is the cause for this.

5972[/snapback]

This error message is comming from Windows, not LabVIEW. It happens when you double-click a VI to launch it from file explorer. LabVIEW 7.1 takes very long to load (longer than previous versions). This triggers some sort of timeout in Windows because the associated application (LabVIEW) has not launched yet.

This error message is comming from Windows, not LabVIEW. It happens when you double-click a VI to launch it from file explorer. LabVIEW 7.1 takes very long to load (longer than previous versions). This triggers some sort of timeout in Windows because the associated application (LabVIEW) has not launched yet.

5973[/snapback]

Wow... I'd give you a five-star rating for knowing that. I noticed the same thing on both counts: That LabVIEW takes much longer to load and that the error is obviously from Windows and not LabVIEW.

What I didn't figure out is putting two and two together :) Thanks for the info :thumbup: