Show All Invisible Controls

WMassey

Something I'm always having to deal with is having to find front panel controls and indicators that are currently not visible and make them visible so that I can rearrange some aspect of the front panel with consideration for the invisible objects. I thought that it would be nice if Labview had a "reveal all" option (and not just on a temporary basis like the "Find Control/Indicator" function currently works).

It then occured to me that while Labview may not provide the immediate function, it does at least provide the tools to build that function. I have attached a VI that provides most of what I need for the moment. At some point I may see if I can figure out how to modify the panel order (which control is on top and which is underneath) of front panel objects so that they are not hidden under other FP objects but this is enough for the moment.

One note - the attached (v7.1.1) VI assumes that target VI is already open. If that is not the case then the function provided is pretty much a No-Op.

Download File:post-2800-1126642996.vi

Something I'm always having to deal with is having to find front panel controls and indicators that are currently not visible and make them visible so that I can rearrange some aspect of the front panel with consideration for the invisible objects. I thought that it would be nice if Labview had a "reveal all" option (and not just on a temporary basis like the "Find Control/Indicator" function currently works).

It then occured to me that while Labview may not provide the immediate function, it does at least provide the tools to build that function. I have attached a VI that provides most of what I need for the moment. At some point I may see if I can figure out how to modify the panel order (which control is on top and which is underneath) of front panel objects so that they are not hidden under other FP objects but this is enough for the moment.

One note - the attached (v7.1.1) VI assumes that target VI is already open. If that is not the case then the function provided is pretty much a No-Op.

6133[/snapback]

When I want to see all hidden controls I use "Set Tabbing order" which temprarily shows everything.

But you have the right idea, with a vi reference you can force everthing to be visable.

I would be espically interested in a programatic way to change the panel order, if you find one.

So I could alphabetize the the contents of some large Globals in an old program I need to mantain.

But I think your looking at the z-order not the panel order. isn't their a Make-top-most property?

-Bill

I would be espically interested in a programatic way to change the panel order, if you find one.

So I could alphabetize the the contents of some large Globals in an old program I need to mantain.

But I think your looking at the z-order not the panel order. isn't their a Make-top-most property?

Yes, it is the Z order I was referrring to but I have to agree that being able to change the panel order programmatically would be a neat trick because it would make it so much easier to find controls to add to an event structure. Perhaps you should ask in the Scripting forum if those folks know of a way to make it happen... There's all sorts of magic going on over there.