get and compare class of object

Hi,

I have a GUI with a bunch of controls. Several of the controls are identical clusters. I want to be able to detect when a user clicks on one of these clusters. I have created an event to trigger when the user performs a mouse down on any control. This event returns the control ref of what was clicked on. Now, I need to ask if this control ref is the same class type that my clusters are. I can make a reference to one of my clusters and I have this generic reference from the event, but I don't know how to access the class of these two and then compare them to see if they clicked on one of my clusters.

Any thoughts on how to pull this off?

Also, once I determine that they clicked on a cluster I am interested in, how do I then see what control in the cluster was selected or acted upon?

I need to know if they clicked the 'show details' button for a particular cluster. This is like a value change event on a particular control in the cluster. The problem is, there are a bunch of these clusters, so I don't want to create specific event cases for every 'show details' button in every cluster. I would rather have one generic version that uses the 'passed-in' cluster reference to determine which cluster to look at.

I guess basically what I want is a 'which control in which cluster triggered the mouse down event' event. Does that make any sense?

Thanks for any help or suggestions on this.

-John

I need to know if they clicked the 'show details' button for a particular cluster. This is like a value change event on a particular control in the cluster. The problem is, there are a bunch of these clusters, so I don't want to create specific event cases for every 'show details' button in every cluster. I would rather have one generic version that uses the 'passed-in' cluster reference to determine which cluster to look at.

I guess basically what I want is a 'which control in which cluster triggered the mouse down event' event. Does that make any sense?

Thanks for any help or suggestions on this.

-John

Here is what I came up with. It will only work if all the clusters in the event case are the same.

post-584-1127782924.png?width=400

Download File:post-584-1127782943.vi