programmatic blink/flash rate

Why do you want proprty nodes ?

A. Because it allows you to manipulate each control individually.

B. Because to import those settings into an EXE you need to redefine them or put them into the INI file, which is annoying.

But mostly because of A.

I agree, this would definitely be a nice feature. In fact, I think that almost anything that can be set through menus should also be set through property nodes.

A. Because it allows you to manipulate each control individually.

B. Because to import those settings into an EXE you need to redefine them or put them into the INI file, which is annoying.

But mostly because of A.

I agree, this would definitely be a nice feature. In fact, I think that almost anything that can be set through menus should also be set through property nodes.

You can do this now by writting your own code to periodicly change the Color or invert the Visible property. (or make it dance around and scream LookAtMe etc.) I've done this before (invert Visible each loop) to bring attention to a major alarm. You could even hide it all a sub-vi with just the control's reference for an input. More flexible and more fun than waiting for NI to get around to it.

I agree with the last statement. The program should be able to do anything the operator can do. Should be one of NIs golden rules.

-WDC

You can do this now by writting your own code to periodicly change the Color or invert the Visible property. (or make it dance around and scream LookAtMe etc.) I've done this before (invert Visible each loop) to bring attention to a major alarm. You could even hide it all a sub-vi with just the control's reference for an input. More flexible and more fun than waiting for NI to get around to it.

I agree with the last statement. The program should be able to do anything the operator can do. Should be one of NIs golden rules.

-WDC

We are currently using a SubVI for this functionality but thought it would be useful to be included into the control.