Generate case structure frames based on string array.

I'm sure there is a nifty way to do this with scripting, but I haven't learned any of that yet. Below are two VIs that work together to do what you want. I'm sure much more functionality can be added. Follow the instructions on the front panel of Read_String_Array.vi. You will need both VIs.

Pat

Download File:post-192-1128133374.vi

Download File:post-192-1128133381.vi

I'm sure there is a nifty way to do this with scripting, but I haven't learned any of that yet. Below are two VIs that work together to do what you want. I'm sure much more functionality can be added. Follow the instructions on the front panel of Read_String_Array.vi. You will need both VIs.

Pat

Nice little trick. Doesn't use scripting but is still a big time saver. Thanks :thumbup:

Well, I thought I'd take a few minutes and see what I could find. It doesn't appear to be doable via scripting in the way you would think, i.e. the "SelStrings" property of the Case Selector. The "SelStrings" property is read-only as I'm sure you're aware, and there doesn't seem to be any other proprty or method that allows setting of the strings. So I don't think it's directly possible in 7.1 (at least not without additional unknown "superSecret" help).

Having said that I coded up this little beast just for fun that will accomplish the task. Certainly nothing revolutionary, it just just a scripting version of Pat's 2 VI method.

Download File:post-415-1128637686.vi

BTW, it will be possible in LabVIEW8. We just need to figure out how to get scriptig exposed again. :D

post-415-1128639217.png?width=400

Regards,

Scott Menjoulet