Serial Reading Problem (Nooby Q)

WtFudgE

I just started using labview and i made this basic program to read & write to my COM port (connecting pin 2 & 3 with eachother offc so I can communicate with myself).

Now the problem is, when I write a text which is bigger than one line, my read function reads the line one after another showing them very fast after eachother ending with the last one, but they all overlap, so they're not shown all at the same time.

Maybe I'm not very good at explaining these things yet :P

Maybe this will help:

http://users.pandora.be/i_dislike_mushrooms/LabVIEW.jpg

Really want to know what the problem is, thanks for replies

Check your VISA serial configuration VI (where you set up baud rate, etc). There should be a parameter where you can specify using the EOL character (windows it's <cr><lf>).

When reading through serial connections, I believe LabVIEW's default configuration is to read until it reaches an end of line character, then it returns everything up to that character. If you disable the EOL character, it will return a specified number of characters instead of waiting until it receives the EOL character.

I was going to fire up LabVIEW to check this to make sure I'm giving you accurate information, but it appears my installation is corrupted at the moment. Someone else can probably confirm for me.

I just started using labview and i made this basic program to read & write to my COM port (connecting pin 2 & 3 with eachother offc so I can communicate with myself).

Now the problem is, when I write a text which is bigger than one line, my read function reads the line one after another showing them very fast after eachother ending with the last one, but they all overlap, so they're not shown all at the same time.

The Visa Configure Serial Port vi enables the termination character and uses the