Open 16 bit TIFF Image ?

I want to open this TIFF image and read its pixel values.

its 16 bit grayscale.

Can be opened in ImageJ or Scion Image.

Other softwares dont display it properly!

Can somebody help me.

I dont hav Vision and iam using LabView 6.1

I don't believe the basic LabVIEW development system provides an easy way of reading or writing TIFF images without the IMAQ Vision add-on. I guess it is possible, with an understanding of the TIFF image file format, to build your own TIFF file reader using the basic file I/O functions but that would require a bit of work. I've always been lucky enough to be able to use IMAQ Vision for my stuff. I do remember, for at least some of the TIFF image stuff I've done, having to convert from Big to Little Endian & vice-versa to get the image to display properly, but come to think about it, that may have been more to do with the way the image was acquired then the file format.

I don't believe the basic LabVIEW development system provides an easy way of reading or writing TIFF images without the IMAQ Vision add-on. I guess it is possible, with an understanding of the TIFF image file format, to build your own TIFF file reader using the basic file I/O functions but that would require a bit of work. I've always been lucky enough to be able to use IMAQ Vision for my stuff. I do remember, for at least some of the TIFF image stuff I've done, having to convert from Big to Little Endian & vice-versa to get the image to display properly, but come to think about it, that may have been more to do with the way the image was acquired then the file format.

I just wanna convert it 2 pixels values, so i don prefer getting NI-VIsion.

It was captured using NI-IMAQ. So i think it had 3 options... TIFF, BMP, and JPEG.

I felt tiff was best for acquisition, so i did.

was i wrong ?

:blink:

I just wanna convert it 2 pixels values, so i don prefer getting NI-VIsion.

It was captured using NI-IMAQ. So i think it had 3 options... TIFF, BMP, and JPEG.

I felt tiff was best for acquisition, so i did.

was i wrong ?

:blink:

Well given that LabVIEW without IMAQ only supports BMP, JPEG and PNG, someone got it wrong. It may have been you or it may have been the folks who put together the IMAQ image-save options or else the folks who decided what image file formats were going to be supported by the standard LabVIEW package.

I'd say you have the right to feel irritated by all this, not that it'll do you any good however. :D

If you have the option of re-acquiring the data then BMP would be the best choice considering all this. If you need to process images you have already acquired you could convert the image file data from TIFF to BMP using any one of many image processing programs. ImageJ is well though of at my place of business and it is free.

• 2 weeks later...
Well given that LabVIEW without IMAQ only supports BMP, JPEG and PNG, someone got it wrong. It may have been you or it may have been the folks who put together the IMAQ image-save options or else the folks who decided what image file formats were going to be supported by the standard LabVIEW package.

I decided that a bit of a followup was in order here based on something I just discovered.

According to this NI page, if you install the NI-IMAQ drivers you will also get a few IMAQ VIs including "IMAQ WriteFile.vi" which will write TIFF files. I'm still not sure what you do about reading them but it now looks like you can at least write TIFF files without having the Vision toolkit installed.