Apply display properties to selected controls

I often change the display properties of front panel controls. For example, I hide the labels and display the captions or set the caption to bold text. If I multiselect (SHIFT+select) a group of objects, and want to apply a single (common) property, the change is only applied to the last selected object.

I understand that not all FP items have the same properties, but there are SOME common properties for the class "Control".

Individually selecting and setting properties is very tedious.

And if NI cannot manage to do it for a group of objects, how about at least giving us a way to select a next object and then repeat the last action, assuming it is an appropriate action for the newly selected object.

Just look at any of the Microsoft Office products and their Ctrl-Y function (Edit -> Repeat) to see how well this can work.

But regardless how NI manages to implement it, I agree that they need to do something in this area.

The last time I missed functionality this much in LabVIEW was back before it had an "UNDO" function.

• 3 months later...
This is how I would like to see it work...

post-3266-1140106691.jpg?width=400

:thumbup:

Nice Idea, with a slight drawback: It makes your code not easier to read. Looking to this code after a few months might get quite painful, because you don't remember which controls are assigned to the property node. Having to double-click on it, check on the frontpanel which controls were selected, go back to diagram and repeat the process for the next property node seems IMHO not really helpful.

Didier

Nice Idea, with a slight drawback: It makes your code not easier to read. Looking to this code after a few months might get quite painful, because you don't remember which controls are assigned to the property node. Having to double-click on it, check on the frontpanel which controls were selected, go back to diagram and repeat the process for the next property node seems IMHO not really helpful.

Didier

How about something like this:

post-192-1141155605.jpg?width=400

Select a bunch of controls/indicators and select Create Shared Property Node. The node can grow down to add more properties or grow up to add more controls (which would need to be selected using the Link To context menu). In fact, a Shared Property Node with only one control is just a regular property node so maybe this is just made the default.