Multiple serial connections

nistam

We recently installed 4 industrial printers (Domino model A400) that will print on coils every 2 meters. These printers have a large keyboard attached on them so the user can enter, for example, our company logo and various information regarding the material that the printer shall print on. The user though, can't enter the same info on 4 printers so I created a small app to test the serial communications with one of them and emulate the user input. Everything ok, because the idea is simple: Ask for the printer status, if ok, send a specific message ( the logo i mentioned) and ask for the status again. Just that.

Now, in theory, i can copy-paste the same code 3 more times, and just changing the serial port every time, for every printer. I just can't imagine how i'm supposed to include 4 serial connections in a loop.

Any ideas or different approaches on this?

• 1 year later...
We recently installed 4 industrial printers (Domino model A400) that will print on coils every 2 meters. These printers have a large keyboard attached on them so the user can enter, for example, our company logo and various information regarding the material that the printer shall print on. The user though, can't enter the same info on 4 printers so I created a small app to test the serial communications with one of them and emulate the user input. Everything ok, because the idea is simple: Ask for the printer status, if ok, send a specific message ( the logo i mentioned) and ask for the status again. Just that.

Now, in theory, i can copy-paste the same code 3 more times, and just changing the serial port every time, for every printer. I just can't imagine how i'm supposed to include 4 serial connections in a loop.

Any ideas or different approaches on this?

Hello nistam,

I trying to drive an A300 Domino printer, do you have any driver sample to try?

Thanks