Yikes! Problems Porting vi.lib libraries in 8.0

I'm trying to build a 7.1 application in 8.0. It builds and runs fine on my host computer, but as soon as I move it to a fresh install it complains and whines about not being able to load front panels of NI_AALPro.lvlib vis and other analysis stuff in the shared directory of vi.lib. To date, I don't know how to resolve this issue. I've forceably included some of these vis in the build and then it just spits out 2200 and 2220 errors, whatever the heck that means. :headbang: I even installed the development demo version to make the available libraries closer to the host system that works and it still doesn't solve the porting issue.

It also whined about cw3dgraph being an old version which I eventually resolved by reinstalling MAX or ComponentWorks or something like that.

Also, somewhat offtopic, I notice that 8.0 takes a LONG time to load relative to 7.1. Hmmm....my pain has so far outweighed my gain considerably.

Oh, I should add, I started compiling my 7.1 app in 8.0 because, after installing 8.0, all copies of my 7.1 build file mysteriously refuse to load correctly now (blows up). Since I didn't feel like trying to recreate my 7.1 build files that have a lot of support files and stuff from scratch, I thought the easier path would be just to convert the build file into 8.0 and build the executable in there...which worked fine, other than the fact the target only runs on the host computer as mentioned above.

BUT WAIT...now I realize that I'm not dragging over the new support files!! Problem solved??? Well, no. So I bring over lvanyls.dll which the program kindly dropped into my support directory (don't think I needed a local copy in 7.1) and it runs fine on the host, but the server is now saying its an invalid dll. What??? Even reseting all the support files from the new build on the target, I get the same errors as before plus it insists lvanyls.dll is not a valid labview file, which may be causing some of these errors.

Upgrade hell.... :headbang:

My core problem seems to be the labview analysis dll for 8.0 won't load on target machines, and Labview updated all my references to this library when it updated Vis to 8.0. I painstakingly went through and was able to re-reference the library calls to 7.1 and then all is relatively happy. Why doesn't the 8.0 analysis dll load on target machines? I don't have the faintest clue. Oh well. Got bigger fish to fry. At least I'm upgraded, :P

• 4 months later...