How to send a bmp/jpeg/tif-image to the graphic adapter (VGA-connector)

Pepe96

Hey there,

I got the problem that I need to "send" image data (format bmp, jpg, tif, ...) to the graphics adapter to the VGA-port for example with a Laptop.

To the VGA-port a kind of small "beamer" is connected and I need to see only the file I send there and not the whole screen (Desktop). The Desktop remains visible on the laptop monitor.

As the VGA-port is not treated like the other communication ports (RS232, GPIB, ethernet, usb..) I did not find any example and I suppose it wont be that easy to realize.

I would appreciate a lot any hint on this.

Thanks in advance

Pepe

Hey there,

I got the problem that I need to "send" image data (format bmp, jpg, tif, ...) to the graphics adapter to the VGA-port for example with a Laptop.

To the VGA-port a kind of small "beamer" is connected and I need to see only the file I send there and not the whole screen (Desktop). The Desktop remains visible on the laptop monitor.

As the VGA-port is not treated like the other communication ports (RS232, GPIB, ethernet, usb..) I did not find any example and I suppose it wont be that easy to realize.

Windows does not support accessing the video interface directly from an application. You will have to use windows (as the name of the OS suggests :-)

Seriously, forget about going to do what you want in the way you describe. Instead configure your notebook display adapter to split the desktop into two monitors, one on the built in display and the other on the external VGA interface. If you notebook graphics adapter does not support this your options are gone. You will need a notbook whose graphics adapter can control the external VGA port as a separate monitor.

Now in LabVIEW execute the "App.Display.All Monitors" property node. The first cluster in the array should be your primary display and the second one (and more if any) are your secondary display(s).

Now create a VI on which you display your image in a picture control and change its desktop position to values inside the rectangle returned in the second array element of the "App.Display.All Monitors" property node.

Rolf Kalbermatter