Resize 2D array

jbrohan

Resize 2D array

Inputs an array as Variants and outputs Variant Numeric String and Boolean arrays containing the original and expanded or contracted to the requested size.

I would be interested in the comments of LV people as to whether this is a viable approach to polymorphism. The input array is converted to the output types at some considerable computational effort. However in a user interface situation programmer convenience (IMHO) greatly outweighs the time lost in execution.Download File:post-230-1133113101.zip

Resize 2D array

Inputs an array as Variants and outputs Variant Numeric String and Boolean arrays containing the original and expanded or contracted to the requested size.

I would be interested in the comments of LV people as to whether this is a viable approach to polymorphism. The input array is converted to the output types at some considerable computational effort. However in a user interface situation programmer convenience (IMHO) greatly outweighs the time lost in execution.Download File:post-230-1133113101.zip

hi,

I guess you already know that you need LV Pro to create "real" polymorphic VI's

and that this is a way to do something similar.

This solutions seems to be rather memory-intensive, especially when using large arrays,

because you create 4 different arrays out of 1 variant array.

About your implementation:your performance/readability will improve if you would use

the "Get TDEnum from Data" from the OpenG-toolkit. It just gives you the datatype of the variant.

I haven't had the time yet to inspect what you are doing in the remove trailingzeros,

but I know that when using a general expression like e.g. 0*$ and then removing the last point

if the number appears to be an integer results in much more readable code.

GrtZ, tnt