Enabling the web server in a built application

Yes it is possible to enable the web-server in a built application. First include the two dll's "lvjpeg.dll" and "lvpng.dll" in the same directory as the run-time engine or the application. Second make an ini file of the application with the key "WebServer.Enabled=True" in the section of the application-name. For example if myapp.exe was the name of the application then the ini file would be called myapp.ini and contain the section [myapp]. Thirdly, you may include an access-list with the key "WebServer.TcpAccess="+*.dhi.dk;-*.com", and a root-path where your htm documents can stored "WebServer.RootPath=<path>" (where <path> is a normal windows path e.g. c:\myapp).

Note: you can also use 127.0.0.1 or localhost in your access list.

Credit: Niels Harre

=========

Hello Sir,

I have tried using the same thing as you mentioned, but still it is not working. Should I have to install the application before enabling the web server?. If I want to put "webserver.enable=true" in the section of the application, should I over write the one that is existing. for eg. [myapp] should be over written by [webserver.enable=true]??? comming to the lvjpeg.dll and lvpng.dll, I included both of them in them in the install folder. I would like to know the significance of these dll's. Please help me on this.

regards

Sreedhar.

• 3 months later...

Hi Sreedhar,

I'm just new in the forum, but working with remote panels for longer time. One basic for a remote panel viewed over web is, that the VI on the server has to be loaded in the servers memory. Otherwise it will not work. If the server application is down, you get no connection to the remote station.

Boris