binding shared variables

In LV8, I have a network published shared variable in one application. I reference this variable in another application by binding to it in the shared variable properties. I've changed the machine reference to "localhost" like in the example. It all works fine on my machine in development and exe. (I'm running xp.) However, when I install these applications on a different windows 2000 machine, the exe versions are still trying to reference the variables on the orginal machine. The win2k machine doesn't show up on the variable list either.

In my builder, I have selected the variable engine, and I did run the installer.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

Check for a file with your executable named foo.aliases, where foo is the name of your executable. Make a copy of this file (just in case ;) ) This is just a text file. Modify both 'localhost' and 'My Computer' to point to the new target machine rather than the original dev machine. This should fix your problem.