LabVIEW on the Apple Macintosh platform

Dear LabVIEW programmers,

I suppose some know me as the notorious advocate for LabVIEW to stay on its initial heritage platform. I know I would better spend my energy on other topics but the circumstances force me to keep the issue recognized. Even though the present majority of LabVIEWers use LV on Windows there is still an active group of LabVIEW pioneers and very committed users who were faithful to NI as well as Apple for nearly two decades by now. Note that the success of the LV-environment was made possible by an initially very small community who recognized the potential and the beauty of graphical programming of DAQ solutions at a very early stage!

I personally never really understood the breakthrough of the MS-OSes but it obviously happened this way. If you work with LabVIEW on the Apple platform, if you consider this possibility in the future or if you believe in the fundamental value of keeping LabVIEW independent of computer OSes it would be a valuable service if you take the small survey under ''Measurement and Control Products for MacOSX'' at:

http://www.ni.com/mac

Thank you very much for your support.

Have some peaceful and relaxing days and a good start into 2006.

Urs

Urs Lauterburg

Physics demonstrator

LabVIEW wireworker since LabVIEW 2 on Apple Macintosh

Physikalisches Institut

University of Bern

Switzerland