Strict typedef autosizing....

Here is a small irritant... :throwpc:

If I use a strict type def constant, by default the autosizing option will be "size to fit" and will not change if I change it on the parent control. So each time I create a constant, I have to manually go to BD and change the option to "None"... :headbang: .Things become worse if you have nested clusters... Is there a way out of this.... :blink: .

2 options -

The first is to place the typedef on the front panel and hide it. This way you will have a control terminal on your diagram which is very small.

The second is to place the typedef as an output for a subVI and use that subVI to get the control. This is my prefered method.

2 options -

The first is to place the typedef on the front panel and hide it. This way you will have a control terminal on your diagram which is very small.

The second is to place the typedef as an output for a subVI and use that subVI to get the control. This is my prefered method.

This second method is a favorite of mine as well. I use the TypDef'd control to establish the structure I want and then use the subVI to provide the access to the constant and also to establish the default value for the constant. I've attached a small example of this taken from some work I have done. Very few changes to the example are required to allow for multiple enumerated constants, if that is desirable.

Download File:post-2800-1135686401.vi