Use report generation toolkit to return Word table captions?

[LV8 and WinXP]

I'd like to be able to return the contents of a given table (based on its caption) in Word to LabVIEW. I can return the table contents OK, but I can't figure out how to programatically find a specific table based on

its caption. I'm sure there must be a property hiding somewhere that gives captions. I figured I could first get the number of tables, then return the captions for all the tables, find the caption that matches the one I want and then get the table index from that.

I can return bookmarks just fine but I don't know how I could tie a specific bookmark to a table index.

George

i am sorry, but i have no real solution for your problem, but i have a hint ...

i had a similar problem a few weeks ago (searching tables in a word document ...) and i found my solution in the online MSDN (msdn.microsoft.com) where you can get a documentation for the Word Object Model.

A good start is here: Word Object Model

Everything I've read seems to indicate that there's a CaptionLabels object, but it doesn't seem to be exposed in any of the properties I've found under Word.Tables. I wonder if it's a bug and somehow got left off of the list.

I'd appreciate hearing any other thoughts on finding a particular table in a Word doc. The only thing I've come up with is to read in the data from each table in the doc and looking for a unique keyword.