Hardware restart at Real Time

Neville D

I work at LabVIEW RT 7.1. I need restart hardware using LabVIEW at RT.

Is there any possibility to do that? I didn't found any options (except using C and asm injecton to diagram)

best regards

Mikrobi

Zbigniew StS

What "hardware" do you want to restart?? If you mean the LV-RT platform itself, you could reboot it with a VI on your HOST system, targetting the RT platform.

Its reboot RT controller.vi or something like that.. I don't have RT loaded on at the moment on my PC.

Neville.

What "hardware" do you want to restart?? If you mean the LV-RT platform itself, you could reboot it with a VI on your HOST system, targetting the RT platform.

Its reboot RT controller.vi or something like that.. I don't have RT loaded on at the moment on my PC.

Neville.

Right. It is PC card SBC81870.

I've found this - RT Reboot Controller.vi.

I would like reboot local machine.

I've tried use RT Reboot Controller.vi but that is wrong way - I have Mac adress and IP but result is error 56.

Right. It is PC card SBC81870.

I've found this - RT Reboot Controller.vi.

I would like reboot local machine.

I've tried use RT Reboot Controller.vi but that is wrong way - I have Mac adress and IP but result is error 56.

Sorry, you lost me.. I still don't understand what you are trying to do (or why).

Neville.

Sorry, you lost me.. I still don't understand what you are trying to do (or why).

Neville.

:throwpc:

Programmable suicide of VI.

Realy. Stupid idea.

Under some conditions end application and send reboot signal to PC, like "Restart computer" command in Windows.

Sound stupid. I know. :]

:throwpc:

Programmable suicide of VI.

Realy. Stupid idea.

Under some conditions end application and send reboot signal to PC, like "Restart computer" command in Windows.

Sound stupid. I know. :]

AAAHH....!!

I remember doing that once on an RT Target. If an error was generated in the RT code, I would automatically reboot the RT target, and the application was set to run at startup. I think I used the Reboot VI..

Let me see if I can dig out what I used.. Will get back to you tomorrow.

Neville.

• 1 year later...