LV 7.0 on Intel Imac

I am searching for an answer to this crucial question

did someone tried LV 7.0 on Intel Imac ?

does it work and if yes, ...

- does the runtime function as well ?

- any information about speed ?

I haven't tried this but if it does work then of course only with Rosetta. Still there are a myriad of things that might go wrong. Forget probably about any DAQ or other hardware IO other than standard OS channels such as File IO, and hopefully TCP/IP and serial.

Maybe I try to find one of those inofficial MacOSX86 development installations and see if it would run on my Sony notebook.

Rolf Kalbermatter

• 2 months later...

I just bought a MacBook Pro with Intel processors.

LabVIEW 7.1 seems to run fine, but I haven't done any speed-critical tests.

LabVIEW 8 on the other hand, crashes as soon as it starts up. I hope NI releases support for MacOS X on Intel soon.

Jeffrey Travis

I haven't tried this but if it does work then of course only with Rosetta. Still there are a myriad of things that might go wrong. Forget probably about any DAQ or other hardware IO other than standard OS channels such as File IO, and hopefully TCP/IP and serial.

Maybe I try to find one of those inofficial MacOSX86 development installations and see if it would run on my Sony notebook.

Rolf Kalbermatter

I just bought a MacBook Pro with Intel processors.

LabVIEW 7.1 seems to run fine, but I haven't done any speed-critical tests.

LabVIEW 8 on the other hand, crashes as soon as it starts up. I hope NI releases support for MacOS X on Intel soon.

Jeffrey Travis

We have tested 8.0.1 on the Intel iMac, and we have not seen any major problems. If you see problems, we would like to know. Probably the best way to let us know is to contact me directly.

Marc Page