picture rotation

Hi i am having trouble designing part of my overall program. i am trying to take 700 or so b&w images,which i have managed to take and save, then to rotate each 2d image to make it a 1d slice, then to add all these 1d slices together to make up a new 2d image. i have tried adding each line of the original images on top of each other but it just becomes a bright white saturated blob. any help or hints would be appreciated. i remember seeing something before that might have helped, rotating a 3d image but that was for labview7 and i only have access to labview 6. Also if this is another example of how not to ask a question i am sorry and will continue to try myself.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi i am having trouble designing part of my overall program. i am trying to take 700 or so b&w images,which i have managed to take and save, then to rotate each 2d image to make it a 1d slice, then to add all these 1d slices together to make up a new 2d image. i have tried adding each line of the original images on top of each other but it just becomes a bright white saturated blob. any help or hints would be appreciated. i remember seeing something before that might have helped, rotating a 3d image but that was for labview7 and i only have access to labview 6. Also if this is another example of how not to ask a question i am sorry and will continue to try myself.

Well, you didn't provide quite enough information to solve your problem, but I might be able to help with a couple of things...

Your "saturated" image is probably because you are adding up grayscale images and attempting to look at the result in a picture control. If you are adding the numbers up and storing the result in a u32 you should display the result in an intensity graph. In the intensity graph you'll be able to use the automatic scaling on the z axis to display the image with some kind of control.

If you can provide some kind of idea of exactly what you are trying to do, maybe we could help more.

Not sure if I am getting this, but ...

It sounds like you want to take an intensity histogram along, say, the Y axis, flattening the image into a vertical line/array, then use these (700) to make up the columns of a new image so that each vertical column (or horizontal line if using the X axis) of the composite image holds the intensity summation of one of the component images. If the 700 images were a time sequence you could then glance across the composite image from left to right and see the summary changes over time.

Is this what you are trying to accomplish? Or have I missed the mark totally?