Chart Property Node for this?

It would be great if I could put markers into my chart to so the user that a condition had been met at that point in time as the vi is running. I was hoping to find a property node that would mark in a chart. I guess I could change the type of point displayed and then change it back to the default point on the next iteration. I think Labview should have this built in somewhere. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Eric Nelson

It would be great if I could put markers into my chart to so the user that a condition had been met at that point in time as the vi is running. I was hoping to find a property node that would mark in a chart. I guess I could change the type of point displayed and then change it back to the default point on the next iteration. I think Labview should have this built in somewhere. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Eric Nelson

Add another plot to your chart, which plots 'NaN'. Add a point to this plot only when it satisfies your condition. This way special points will show up with a different marker.

You can add a different plot with a different marker to satisfy more than one condition (upper and lower limits for example).

There is an example under charts somewhere in your LV examples.

Neville.

Add another plot to your chart, which plots 'NaN'. Add a point to this plot only when it satisfies your condition. This way special points will show up with a different marker.

You can add a different plot with a different marker to satisfy more than one condition (upper and lower limits for example).

There is an example under charts somewhere in your LV examples.

Neville.

Thanks, I found an example for a graph's cursor property node. There is an example for that. I haven't found the example you are eluding to. I think I understand what to try though.

Eric Nelson

Nevermind the Labview example "Programmatically annotate a graph.vi" probably does what I want. ;)

Guys, I need some help learning how to use an "event structure". I've been playing around but I could use a formal introduction. I've found a bit of documentation on ni.com. Is there a good tutorial out there on ni.com?

Thanks,

Eric Nelson

Guys, I need some help learning how to use an "event structure". I've been playing around but I could use a formal introduction. I've found a bit of documentation on ni.com. Is there a good tutorial out there on ni.com?

Thanks,

Eric Nelson

I'm starting to understand adding graphing annotations. I was thrown by the fact that if the annotation list array is not populated before entering my main while loop I could not write to the list. Maybe I'm wrong about that but I've had success creating the annotaions in the annotion list array and then programatically changing them in the main program. I prefer this to creating them in the graph and then remembering where they are in the array. It's just my preference.

Thanks,

Eric Nelson