My program don't work after I've built an application

mojeda

Hello

I have an annoying problem....my program works fine inside Labview 7.1, but when I make an .exe file the progam dosent work any more. I'm using VISA configure Serial Port.vi, VISA Write.vi, and VISA Close.

And I'm sending some commands to the serial port...but it only works inside labview....I've tried both the single file and the shared dll options, i've also tried to add the vi's, and I've tried to create an installer....

but it's all the same...

Can anyone please help me with this problem.... :-)

i'm attaching the program...Download File:post-4021-1138624662.vi

Best Regards

Martin Ojeda

Hi Martin,

it's NOT very common to constantly initialize the COM-port, then sending a command and then closing the port again.

It's better to do the initialization before your while loop, sending the commands and closing the connection when stopping the while loop (or add an initialize and a close button/event).

I've often noticed a difference in behaviour (cleaning up memory) between running in Development mode and in Run-time,

especially with serial (VISA) communication.

I also advice you to handle possible VISA-errors in case something goes wrong (and showing the stop button?)...

Good luck...

Hello

I have an annoying problem....my program works fine inside Labview 7.1, but when I make an .exe file the progam dosent work any more. I'm using VISA configure Serial Port.vi, VISA Write.vi, and VISA Close.

And I'm sending some commands to the serial port...but it only works inside labview....I've tried both the single file and the shared dll options, i've also tried to add the vi's, and I've tried to create an installer....

but it's all the same...

Can anyone please help me with this problem.... :-)

i'm attaching the program...Download File:post-4021-1138624662.vi

Best Regards

Martin Ojeda

You are using an alias for VISA. These must be setup in the alias file and you must have the VISA runtime engine installed if you want it to run from an EXE. I ran into this same problem about a month ago. The alias file should be at "C:\VXIpnp\WinNT\NIvisa\Visaconf.ini" if you have the VISA runtime engine installed. In this file you must identify the aliases. See http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/D26...6256F1F00661A49 for more information.

You are using an alias for VISA. These must be setup in the alias file and you must have the VISA runtime engine installed if you want it to run from an EXE. I ran into this same problem about a month ago. The alias file should be at "C:\VXIpnp\WinNT\NIvisa\Visaconf.ini" if you have the VISA runtime engine installed. In this file you must identify the aliases. See http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/D26...6256F1F00661A49 for more information.

Thanks a lot dude!!! it worked fine when I installed the VISA runtime engine... :-) Now I can begin to sell the program.... JUHU I'll be rich...

see you dude...