FP1601 + Linux

Dan Wright

In order to get our beloved IT staff off my back, I'd love to deploy systems with Linux using the ethernet FP-1601. Yet, NI dosen't seem to be to interested to offer this capability. Any body have any ideas (other than FP-1000's w/ optomux)? I realize this is probably wishfull thinking, as complete hardware support for the Mac isn't even there ....

DanW

In order to get our beloved IT staff off my back, I'd love to deploy systems with Linux using the ethernet FP-1601. Yet, NI dosen't seem to be to interested to offer this capability. Any body have any ideas (other than FP-1000's w/ optomux)? I realize this is probably wishfull thinking, as complete hardware support for the Mac isn't even there ....

DanW

I've got no help for you, but I have recently purchased some cFP-1808's and would like them to show up on Linux and Mac systems too. I just read a DevZone post about the same request. NI's only solution was to use the Optomux protocol, even though they wouldn't offically support it.

Good Luck.

Chris