Connect database example

eerc

I am new to work with the labview...I am with difficulty to connect the database access.

Somebody has an example, for me to see. I need to record data (numbers) in the database..a simple example only records a I number in the database. :headbang:

Without using the software Database Connectivity Toolset Version 1.0.1

Thank you

oh, i see, the documentation in the examples is n german ...

ok, here is some explanation:

first of all, all ADO-Toolkit VIs have a context help, which give you a hint, what they do.

second: use MS Access and take a look at the database and take a look at the relations.

adobsb.mdb is a simple database which simulates a measurement-DB:

there are 3 tables: users, measurement and measurment data (tbl_user, tbl_messung, tbl_messwert)

in the measurment table, the timestamp of start and end of the measurment are stored, plus the information, who made the measurment (referenced by fk_user)

in the data table, all measurement data are stored, referenced by the information, to which measurement they belong (referenced by fk_messung)

post-885-1139733617.png?width=400

the first demo opens a database and executes a query, receives the data and parses them into an 1D Array of LabVIEW data:

post-885-1139733777.png?width=400

the second example shows how to insert data ...

post-885-1139733819.png?width=400

maybe you want to try my ADO-Toolkit ?

Post #2482

there are some examples on my homeplage., if you need a clue, how it works. ADO Toolkit examples

Id2x I have just a question? Isn't LabSQL (and incidentially the Database Connectiivity Toolkit from NI) not also using ADO? If so what does your solution add to this?

Rolf Kalbermatter

Id2x I have just a question? Isn't LabSQL (and incidentially the Database Connectiivity Toolkit from NI) not also using ADO? If so what does your solution add to this?

Rolf Kalbermatter

nothing. its free of charge and it's updated regularily, because I use a DB in allmost every project. :-). If you want to use it - you are free to do so, if you don't like it ... don't use it :-). it's just an other choice, like you have the choice to drive a VW, or a BMW, or a Mercedes ... ok, i own an Audi ;-)

I did not know about LabSQL, when I started developing my toolkit, and i started developing, because i was to cheap to pay for the NI Database connectivity toolkit :-).

Last but not least, i do a lot of work, others have allready done, because I want to learn how thinks work on my own. My ADO-Toolkit is a result of studying the VB-ADO MSDN-Help ... I think, the best way to learn stuff, is to write a tutorial :-)

cheers!

CB

nothing. its free of charge and it's updated regularily, because I use a DB in allmost every project. :-). If you want to use it - you are free to do so, if you don't like it ... don't use it :-). it's just an other choice, like you have the choice to drive a VW, or a BMW, or a Mercedes ... ok, i own an Audi ;-)

I did not know about LabSQL, when I started developing my toolkit, and i started developing, because i was to cheap to pay for the NI Database connectivity toolkit :-).

Last but not least, i do a lot of work, others have allready done, because I want to learn how thinks work on my own. My ADO-Toolkit is a result of studying the VB-ADO MSDN-Help ... I think, the best way to learn stuff, is to write a tutorial :-)

cheers!

CB

hi i2dx thanks for your ADO-Toolkit , when update the DB tools using ado.net .

cheers!

CB

I didn't now that you didn't know about LabSQL then. To me it had seemed the most efficient way to build on LabSQL and improve and extend on that one, seeing that you have mostly the same licensing philosophy as the original author of LabSQL. Would have saved you quite some time ;-).

And improving and extending an existing Toolkit probably just as much gets you into learning the basics of it.

Rolf Kalbermatter

hi i2dx thanks for your ADO-Toolkit , when update the DB tools using ado.net .

Why should anybody want to do that? Database Access over ADO works well, is supported on many more machines than .Net (.Net only working under Windows 2000 after installing an update) and most database drivers are either ADO or ODBC based. Using .Net would just add an extra complexity level to the already involved picture of ODBC driver->ODBC manager->ADO-ODBC gateway->ADO system->ADO->ActiveX interface.

I can think of many better ways to spend CPU cycles, memory, and HD space.

Rolf Kalbermatter

I can think of many better ways to spend CPU cycles, memory, and HD space.

I agree, and as a suggestion, one or two small Access or MySQL (or one of each :2cents: ) databases and a couple of example VIs with PDF tutorials would make your offering to the world complete for now.

I know and have worked with both of the authors of LabSQL and really like it and their internal second generation version as well. But I also like your version. As you said, just another choice.

I know and have worked with both of the authors of LabSQL and really like it and their internal second generation version as well. But I also like your version. As you said, just another choice.

Thankyou a lot :wub:

writing the a manual for my toolkit is "on the list" ...

If you are interreset in an easy to use Database toolkit for LabVIEW with simple and advanced features supported. Try the T&M Database Wizard.

T&M Dabase Wizard. This product allows you to connect to a database very easily and also helps you in constructing the correct SQL queries. The most advanced feature is the automatically generation of the datatypes in LabVIEW (Clusters, Arrays) according to the database design.

Pricing is only 195 Euro's, so this should be no problem if you compare it to the time you save.

With kind regards,

Arnoud de Kuijper

I am new to work with the labview...I am with difficulty to connect the database access.

Somebody has an example, for me to see. I need to record data (numbers) in the database..a simple example only records a I number in the database. :headbang:

Without using the software Database Connectivity Toolset Version 1.0.1

Thank you

• 5 months later...
I have used LabSQL (open source) in the past and it works great. You can get it from http://www.jeffreytravis.com/lost/labsql.html. A number of examples are also included with LabSQL to get you started.

Good luck

I ever download an example from the website,but I am confused.sometimes there is an error occur,sometime no error.

the error indicate:

Error -2146824584 occurred at Exception occured in ADODB.Recordset: 对象关闭时,不允许操作。Help Path is C:\WINDOWS\HELP\ADO270.CHM and context 1240653 in ADO Recordset Close.vi->My LabSQL Sample.vi

This error code is undefined. No one has provided a description for this code, or you might have wired a number that is not an error code to the error code input.

Can anybody do me a favor?

thanks