Which version of LabVIEW are you using for new projects?

Jim Kring

I'm wondering what version of LabVIEW most people are using for new projects -- not existing projects, but ones started from scratch.

Hi Jim,

I have to say I am a bit surprised, 37% for LV8... I am not using it at the moment because I heard to say that it's not totaly"dry".

Do YOU have any comments about the results ?

What are you thinking about stability and usefullness of LV8 against LV7.1.1?

I have an Dev.Suite with auto-update, so LV8 is availabel. But my main job is a rather big existing project. During beta phase of and later with the final LV8 I did some tests updating parts of my app. Maybe I did not took enough time, but my impression was, it's not worth the hassles.

So for the moment I'll stay with 7.1.1.

Any hints/comments?

Greetings from Germany!

--

Uwe Frenz

Hi Jim,

I have to say I am a bit surprised, 37% for LV8... I am not using it at the moment because I heard to say that it's not totaly"dry".

Hi Jim,

We are using LV 8 and PDA module for our new project ,We started with 7.1 PDA module and we hard lots of bugs ,on the indicators and some controls.Now LV 8 PDA is doing a better job than the 7.1.So I have to change all the PDA Applications to LV 8.

Greetings from Germany.

Ohiofudu.

Hi Jim,

TiTou: Well, I did cross-post this question to the LabVIEW forum on the developer zone. There are a lot of beginners there, who might only have a copy of LabVIEW 8.0. :)

What are you thinking about stability and usefullness of LV8 against LV7.1.1?

I have an Dev.Suite with auto-update, so LV8 is availabel. But my main job is a rather big existing project. During beta phase of and later with the final LV8 I did some tests updating parts of my app. Maybe I did not took enough time, but my impression was, it's not worth the hassles.

So for the moment I'll stay with 7.1.1.

Any hints/comments?

Greetings from Germany!

--

Uwe Frenz

Uwe: Personally, I am probably going to wait for the 8.0.1 bugfix. However, I am just one guy -- take a look at this poll to see what others are thinking about migrating to LabVIEW 8.0.

Hi

I could say that I sometimes like risk so for new project I take the risk and do it in LV 8, but if somethings go wrong I could switch to 7.1.1.

I know that I that way I could waste some time if something goes wrong, but what can I say, thats I am.

BTW have yoe hear something about patch with bugfixes ?

bogdani