3-D Surface Plot --Adjusting Plot Area Size

Hi:

Regarding the LV 3-D plot, when hiding all planes and leaving say the X-Y plane only, and then viewing it from the top, the plot area covers less than 60% of the plot area size. Is there a way to increase the size of the X-Y plot to cover more of this object's overall plot area.

In other words, the 3D plot leaves alot of white space when viewed in 2-D mode. Is there a way to re-size it so as to recover the white space?

Anthony

Hi:

Regarding the LV 3-D plot, when hiding all planes and leaving say the X-Y plane only, and then viewing it from the top, the plot area covers less than 60% of the plot area size. Is there a way to increase the size of the X-Y plot to cover more of this object's overall plot area.

In other words, the 3D plot leaves alot of white space when viewed in 2-D mode. Is there a way to re-size it so as to recover the white space?

Anthony

In LV 7.1.1, you could use the "ViewDistance" property in the property browser (basically "zooming" in on the plot). I don't have my LV 8.0 in front of me to compare though.

HTH,

Joe (orko)

In LV 7.1.1, you could use the "ViewDistance" property in the property browser (basically "zooming" in on the plot). I don't have my LV 8.0 in front of me to compare though.

HTH,

Joe (orko)

Yes, the 'ViewDistance' property did the trick! Thanks much!

Now: I only wish I could smoothen the axes label fonts and flip them by 180 deg. Otherwise all is set!

Anthony

Yes, the 'ViewDistance' property did the trick! Thanks much!

Now: I only wish I could smoothen the axes label fonts and flip them by 180 deg. Otherwise all is set!

Anthony

Not sure what you mean by "flipping" them, but you can play with the fonts in the property browser under "PlotTemplate->X/YAxis->Labels->Font"

You can invert the whole axis by making "PlotTemplate->X/YAxis->Inverted"=True. This flips the plot and axis labels 180 degrees. This may be what you were after.

Joe (orko)