Data Acquisition for I.C. Engine Using Labview

neo_2004

Tell me what you've got, what you want to do and maybe I can be of some help. I've worked with custom hardware and OEM ECM hardware. CAN would be a pain if you're not getting direct support from the ECM manufacturer and so I would recommend custom NI hardware. The best thing you can do when working with IC engines is to know what you want to do before buying anything. Certain testing requires very fast daq, some things like tuning can be done with relatively slow daq.

ECM, in the automotive industry, stands for Electronic Control Module.

"Electronic Control Modules are subsystems consisting of CPUs and assorted signal inputs and outputs dedicated to controlling a component within the vehicle. They range in complexity from an Engine Control Unit which handles the logic for managing the power-train system efficiency, to an Anti-lock Braking (ABS) Control unit that monitors vehicle speed and brake fluid, to a simple body module that controls the automatic door locks or power windows. In many cases, these modules communicate to each other through such protocols as CAN, LIN, J1850, and J1959. The NI Automotive Test Platform provides a flexible and scaleable test architecture that meets these technical requirements in a cost-effective manner, throughout the product lifecycle, from design validation through manufacturing and service."

Source:

http://www.ni.com/automotive/ecu.htm

sorry, i have a stupid question, please give me an intelligent answer ;-)

what is ECM?

... google finds to many results, e.g.:

- Espresso Coffee Machines

- Enterprise Content Management

- blablabla

I'm glad you asked for an intelligent answer, or I would have posted a list like:

Electret condenser microphone

Electro chemical machining

Electronic countermeasures

Electronic contract manufacturing

Electronic control module

Elliptic curve method

Error correction mode

Extracellular matrix

Easter candy monster

East coast madness

Everybody craves M&Ms

Eeeeehaaaw, Country Mama!!