Launching additional Application at LabView Startup

Is it possible to run a LabView VI or an .exe automaticlly when Launching Labview. I do not want it dependent on the shortcut that is used to launch LabView. The use case is for sychronizing may reuse librarys with my source code control. Using the SCC VI's in Labview 8.0 I have writen code that will do the sync., I just want it to run automaticalyy when LV is launched, so I know I am working with the latest and greatest reuse VI's. I was thinking maybe somthing in the LabView ini.

Is it possible to run a LabView VI or an .exe automaticlly when Launching Labview. I do not want it dependent on the shortcut that is used to launch LabView. The use case is for sychronizing may reuse librarys with my source code control. Using the SCC VI's in Labview 8.0 I have writen code that will do the sync., I just want it to run automaticalyy when LV is launched, so I know I am working with the latest and greatest reuse VI's. I was thinking maybe somthing in the LabView ini.

In the vi.lib folder, put a VI named lv_init.vi. This VI is called at LabVIEW launch. You can use this VI to launch other executables or any other task.

• Like 1
In the vi.lib folder, put a VI named lv_init.vi. This VI is called at LabVIEW launch. You can use this VI to launch other executables or any other task.

That's slick! :thumbup:

The only reference that I've found to this is an article in Google's cache from Jim Kring (kudos!) coming from the OpenG tiki (which is currently down probably due to their recent upgrade). There are a lot more of these event callback VI's listed, here's a copy out of the cache (in rtf):

Download File:post-3266-1140129786.rtf

• Like 1
  • 5 years later...