order of execution in case structure

justus

I have a VI that is executing a case structure and within it are twe events in the same structure where event 2 requires event 1 as an input. I have put event 1 right above event 2 but the program is picking event 2 before event one and hence confusing the process. Is there a way I can condition the VI that event 1 has to be perfomed first before event 2 in the same case? Thanks

I have a VI that is executing a case structure and within it are twe events in the same structure where event 2 requires event 1 as an input. I have put event 1 right above event 2 but the program is picking event 2 before event one and hence confusing the process. Is there a way I can condition the VI that event 1 has to be perfomed first before event 2 in the same case? Thanks

Posting your code or some example of what you are trying to do would make it easier to help you.

I agree that there isn't quite enough info in your post about how your program is structured, but what it appears you're after is a state machine. I've attached a simple example just in case it will help you out.

Download File:post-3266-1140491062.vi

Joe (orko)