Could not start an .exe file

Hello,

I made an .exe file in LV8.0 (PDS). On the PC where LV is installed the programm is running. On another PC without LV,

the .exe file will not start because of "lvanlys.dll is an forbidden Labview file" (needed in mean.vi). The lvanlys.dll is in the same directory as on my "Labview" PC.

Can anyone help me with this???

Many thanks in advance

Ulrich

Hello,

I made an .exe file in LV8.0 (PDS). On the PC where LV is installed the programm is running. On another PC without LV,

the .exe file will not start because of "lvanlys.dll is an forbidden Labview file" (needed in mean.vi). The lvanlys.dll is in the same directory as on my "Labview" PC.

Can anyone help me with this???

Many thanks in advance

Ulrich

You need to build the exe making sure to include the analysis functions before starting the build. In the past to get past this rather annoying error, I have just written my own Mean.vi like so:

NevilleDownload File:post-2680-1137789746.vi

You need to build the exe making sure to include the analysis functions before starting the build. In the past to get past this rather annoying error, I have just written my own Mean.vi like so:

NevilleDownload File:post-2680-1137789746.vi

...and doing your own mean is actually faster than calling the LabVIEW dll... I can't remember who posted that awhile ago... put them in a high-count loop for comparison.

Yup that's it... thanks for posting the link.

Hello all together,

With LV 7.1 I didn't had this problem. There it was enough to copy the LV run time files to the PC.

Actually I have 4 programs as LV8.0 EXE files. 3 of them are running (they don't use this dll) with only copying the run time files. NI recommended to make an installer. With this installer also the program with the dll is running. Unfortunately I have to install everything (also programs I'm not using). LV runtime, MAX, NI488.2, NI Visa, NI Spy. :angry:

(I need the lvanlys.dll also for linear fit, so I have to use this dll)

thanks for your help

Ulrich

Hello all together,

With LV 7.1 I didn't had this problem. There it was enough to copy the LV run time files to the PC.

Actually I have 4 programs as LV8.0 EXE files. 3 of them are running (they don't use this dll) with only copying the run time files. NI recommended to make an installer. With this installer also the program with the dll is running. Unfortunately I have to install everything (also programs I'm not using). LV runtime, MAX, NI488.2, NI Visa, NI Spy. :angry:

(I need the lvanlys.dll also for linear fit, so I have to use this dll)

thanks for your help

Ulrich

I think you messed up your LabVIEW version. Up until LabVIEW 7.0 the lvanlys.dll was a self contained DLL you could easily move together with your labview files. In LabVIEW 7.1 they changed that library to use the Intel Math Kernel Library instead for the number crunching work. This is actually a quite useful move since the MKL is a recognized standard about how to do numerical analysis.

However the MKL is not part of LabVIEW and comes with its own installer that does some registry settings so lvanlys.dll can find it. In order for MKL to be properly installed and for lvanlys.dll to find it you have to install it.

You can do so by creating an installer in the Application Builder and going into the Installer Settings tab->Advanced... button. Make sure you enable "LabVIEW Runtime-Engine" and "Analyze VIs Support".

Other things are usually not really necessary but that of course depends on your application.

Now you can just run that installer on any computer and you should get with a proper installation of your LabVIEW executable AND the LabVIEW runtime AND the MKL.

Rolf Kalbermatter

• 1 month later...
I think you messed up your LabVIEW version. Up until LabVIEW 7.0 the lvanlys.dll was a self contained DLL you could easily move together with your labview files. In LabVIEW 7.1 they changed that library to use the Intel Math Kernel Library instead for the number crunching work. This is actually a quite useful move since the MKL is a recognized standard about how to do numerical analysis.

However the MKL is not part of LabVIEW and comes with its own installer that does some registry settings so lvanlys.dll can find it. In order for MKL to be properly installed and for lvanlys.dll to find it you have to install it.

You can do so by creating an installer in the Application Builder and going into the Installer Settings tab->Advanced... button. Make sure you enable "LabVIEW Runtime-Engine" and "Analyze VIs Support".

Other things are usually not really necessary but that of course depends on your application.

Now you can just run that installer on any computer and you should get with a proper installation of your LabVIEW executable AND the LabVIEW runtime AND the MKL.

Rolf Kalbermatter

Hello all,

a colleague of mine found a solution for the problem. He took the lvanlys.dll from LV6.1 and everything is working fine again.

have a nice day

Ulrich :thumbup:

Hello all,

a colleague of mine found a solution for the problem. He took the lvanlys.dll from LV6.1 and everything is working fine again.

have a nice day

Ulrich :thumbup:

That of course works if you use the standard analysis functions that were already available in earlier LabVIEW versions and as long as NI didn't change the actual function call itself. It won't work for newer analysis functions added in the latest LabVIEW releases or functions where NI added an extra parameter to support new behaviour.

As mentioned just for a Mean calculation doing it in LabVIEW is actually faster, and avoids the external DLL/shared library ;-)

Rolf Kalbermatter