send email and sms...help

QUOTE(eerc @ Mar 2 2006, 08:12 PM)

Hello,

Yes, I using the standard SMTP VIs that come with LabVIEW.

I have the following error:

"

code : 56

source :

TCP Open Connection in NI_SMTPEmail.lvlib:SMTP Email Open Session.vi:3->NI_SMTPEmail.lvlib:SMTP Email Send Message Charset.vi:2->NI_SMTPEmail.lvlib:SMTP Email Send Message.vi:1->testesend email.vi

"

what happens?

Thank you

If you execute the email vi's too frequently you get an error. I looked for mail every 5 minutes (OK) but the same program failed at every 1 minute.

My solution is to move the problem to a php script on a webserver and use cURL.exe

Even there, forwarding all your email to a php script directly works like a charm and simplifies the logic because it will fire for each email. You'll find the text on sysin!

| php -q /home/mydomain/public_html/myfolder/emailprog.php > /dev/null

John

• 10 months later...

i've try dotnet_smtp_send_message_71 but there aren't works well, labviw find error "Error accessing property System.Net.Mail.MailMessage.Subject of NULL ObjectId >> Non-static method requires a target. in dotNET_SMTP_Send_Message_71.vi"

can anybody help me to understand that.

tanx before

QUOTE (eerc @ Mar 3 2006, 11:12 AM)

Hello,

Yes, I using the standard SMTP VIs that come with LabVIEW.

I have the following error:

"

code : 56

source :

TCP Open Connection in NI_SMTPEmail.lvlib:SMTP Email Open Session.vi:3->NI_SMTPEmail.lvlib:SMTP Email Send Message Charset.vi:2->NI_SMTPEmail.lvlib:SMTP Email Send Message.vi:1->testesend email.vi

"

what happens?

Thank you

It is quite straight forward using the SMTP Email Send Message VI under Communication. Make sure you enter the correct infomation in the 'mail server' terminal (check your email exchage server if you have outlook>>view>>option).

Good luck,