Simulating Graphics

Hello

I am a student and I have made a program in our lab to control Stepper motor using Bluetooth, for which I have used 2 PCs which works as client and server.

Client can control the speed and direction of the motor and server has the On/Off controls.

But Now I want to further improve the program by simulating motor graphics on the server side as well i.e. as the client varies the speed or direction of the motor I want to show that effect on server side.

Could anybody help me on this.

Thanks & Regards

James

Using the custom controls is one way. You might also want to look at the Picture control or the 3D Picture control toolkit. Search for it on NI DevZone.

Of course, this is assuming that you want to show motor rotation. Or do you want to show some other "effect" of the motor, like graphing speed, acceleration, total motion, etc?

Of course, this is assuming that you want to show motor rotation. Or do you want to show some other "effect" of the motor, like graphing speed, acceleration, total motion, etc?

Hi Thanks for the replies.

Yes Micheal I want to show " some other "effect" Like when I change the direction of the motor it should be shown or when I increase or decrease the speed.

Could you please help me how to do it.

Thanks

Have you searched/looked through the /examples folder that ships with LabVIEW? Have you looked at NI DevZone and searched on Keywords like motor, speed, graph(ing/es/ed)?

Try going to the LabVIEW Help Menu, "Find Examples", in the Find Example tool that comes up do a search for "motor motion".

Go the the ..LabVIEW\examples\Motion\Flexmotion folder if you have it. In that folder is several libraries that have examples that might help. Try One Axis.llb and Demo.llb

I want to show " some other "effect" Like when I change the direction of the motor it should be shown or when I increase or decrease the speed.

Could you please help me how to do it.

Thanks

This has got to be a contender for one of the more nebulously-worded requests that I have seen. :nono:

Would you care to try to describe (and feel free to go into some detail here) what you envision this will look like and how it will behave?

I've attached a VI from an old project that shows two techniques. The moving carriage is actually a set of four customized slider controls, each with a different graphic for the carriage. All four are the same exact size and are stacked exactly on top of each other on the front panel. By controlling which one is visible it's possible to give the illusion that the carriage graphic is changing.

The other technique just shows some TEXT+PICT rings with different graphics in the various states.

Don't bother too much looking at the block diagram. That's just what is used to run the demonstration. What you care about is how the front-panel indicators were customized with graphics. Neither is all that difficult. More work is done in the graphics program (Visio, Adobe Illustrator or whatever) used to produce the various pictures than in LabVIEW setting up the customized controls.

Download File:post-2800-1142885811.zip