Read Callees Issue

I'm witnessing a peculiar behaviour when reading the callees of a vi if the vi contains either vi's which do not have their required inputs wired or if the vi is inserted as a static vi ref. Under 7.1 these vi's are returned as callees but under 8.0.1 they are not.

For example,

1) Create two vi's A and B, make B have a required input

2) Place B on block diagram of A, save and read the callees of A

and notice that B does not appear as a callee of A.

3) Wire a constant into the required input of B , save

and notice B appears as a callee of A.

4) Remove constant input from B and save, notice that

B still remains in the list of callees of A.

5) Try placing B as a static vi reference, notice that B does not appear as a callee.

I've attached a demo which demonstrates this behaviour.

Is this a bug or a feature?

Download File:post-1058-1142740240.zip

I just checked with some of my colleagues in LabVIEW R&D and this is what I found:

Static VI Reference issue: This is expected behavior. A Static VI Reference will not appear in the Callees' Names or Callees' Paths property list. This is because a Static VI Reference allows you to have a VI call itself recursively, and the Callees' properties do not support recursive VI calls. I have filed a CAR (3VJDFQF2) against the LabVIEW documentation so we can indicate this fact in the help for both the Static VI Reference and the Callees' properties.

SubVI with Required Input issue: This is a bug, and I have filed a CAR (3VJDCQF2) on this issue as well.

-D

I just checked with some of my colleagues in LabVIEW R&D and this is what I found:

Static VI Reference issue: This is expected behavior. A Static VI Reference will not appear in the Callees' Names or Callees' Paths property list. This is because a Static VI Reference allows you to have a VI call itself recursively, and the Callees' properties do not support recursive VI calls. I have filed a CAR (3VJDFQF2) against the LabVIEW documentation so we can indicate this fact in the help for both the Static VI Reference and the Callees' properties.

SubVI with Required Input issue: This is a bug, and I have filed a CAR (3VJDCQF2) on this issue as well.

-D

Talk about great customer support! Thanks, Darren. And, welcome to the LAVA forums. You get five stars for your first post. :star::star::star::star::star: