Looks like it's time to update the board :)

...and I am still working on my "Extremely"... congratulate jim :worship:

I'm afraid that if nothing is done soon, <customise this text> will be the equivalent of "The Big Kahuna" for all intesive "porpoises"

;-)

AND, I am must congratulate and thank Jim on his contributions.

AND, without doubt the same goes for Michael Aivaliotis

AND, of course kudos to all of the other gurus who make this happen.

(wait, should those really be OR statements? Sometimes I get so confused?!? :blink: )

-Pete Liiva

A neat idea (and maybe its already the case?) is if the <customize this text> descriptor was actually able to be customized by those that manage to obtain 500 post status. Maybe Jim's got something fun and creative he'd like to put there! A sorta reward for him being so active (and beneficial) on these forums.

Congratz Jim,

Dave

A neat idea (and maybe its already the case?) is if the <customize this text> descriptor was actually able to be customized by those that manage to obtain 500 post status. Maybe Jim's got something fun and creative he'd like to put there! A sorta reward for him being so active (and beneficial) on these forums.

Congratz Jim,

Dave

Does LAVA have a "Board"?

It is not just "on these forums." He has been proving himslef to be a true LabVIEW Champion.

One of my favorite Dilbert cartoons (my wife insists I am Dilbert) goes like this.

Dilbert walks in Radio Hut and is approached by the young sales guy who says "Hi, I am half your age and know more about computers than you ever will, can I help you?"

Dilbert replies "Yes, I need a half dozen niad-pulse converters and an Anza-brush..... or am I bluffing?" :yes:

Jim, you are probably close to half my age and you DO know more about LV than I ever will.

Congratulations Jim!

Ben

Congratz Jim,

Dave

Yes, this is true. After 500 posts you can customize your "slogan" underneath your avatar. This is available from your control panel. Click on Profile Settings.
  • 3 years later...

I don't know if such a list exists (it certainly doesn't exist for members with more than a 1000 posts, where you can customize the text), but you can look at one member from each of the groups I mentioned to see their text.

As for the group you see, that doesn't have to do with number of posts - you can pay to become a premium member or member of other groups (so far by the company you're employed at: NI, JKI, VIE). A search for "premium member" should show you how and why you would pay for something like this.

I don't know if such a list exists...

I was going to post the list, but I think it's more fun for ppl to discover the new text as they progress through the ranks.

As for the group you see... you can pay to become a premium member or member of other groups (so far by the company you're employed at: NI, JKI, VIE).

Right - if you pay individually you become a premium member, the other groups are corporate members (ie: the companies paid a rate to have all of thier employees recognised as part of their group). The exception is the "NI" group - we just like to single them out as SMEs irrespective of thier post count or the number of kudos they've received.