NI's 3D block diagram patent

Years ago I read a posting by either Jim Kring or Jean-Pierre about NI's patent for a 3D bloack diagram.

Does anyone recall this discusion and have any info on this subject?

Ben

BTW: Many times my mother looked at me and told me "Benny, don't ever get old!" Well I did not follow her advise and sometimes remember dreams as if they were memories.

Years ago I read a posting by either Jim Kring or Jean-Pierre about NI's patent for a 3D bloack diagram.

Does anyone recall this discusion and have any info on this subject?

Ben

BTW: Many times my mother looked at me and told me "Benny, don't ever get old!" Well I did not follow her advise and sometimes remember dreams as if they were memories.

See this post of info-LabVIEW

• 3 months later...
Here's a blog by Hall Martin of NI discussing the future of GUI's and the trend towards 3D.

http://emertech.blogspot.com/

Hmm, interesting to see there are software to let you browsing through your file folder in 3D. While you are waiting for NI 3D block diagram, you can also check out our 3D webcam for fun if you want.

Ok, maybe too off topic, but this 3D webcam does have some link to LabVIEW through the use of IVision LabVIEW toolkit or other labview toolkit that is directshow compatible.

Don't chat flat, show the world more aspect and depth with HYTEK 3D iVCam. :)

• 3 years later...

Hmm, interesting to see there are software to let you browsing through your file folder in 3D. While you are waiting for NI 3D block diagram, you can also check out our 3D webcam for fun if you want.

Ok, maybe too off topic, but this 3D webcam does have some link to LabVIEW through the use of IVision LabVIEW toolkit or other labview toolkit that is directshow compatible.

Don't chat flat, show the world more aspect and depth with HYTEK 3D iVCam. smile.gif

Hi, I am glad this post is not lost smile.gif . I was kind of bothered by someone else claiming they were the "first" for 3D webcam (www.minoru3d.com, it floods google search engine with all kinds report of "3d webcam", wow!). At least this post proved that HYTEK iVCam was FIRST commercially available 3D Webcam back in 2006. The minoru one barely covers both webcams in an odd cartoon figureshifty.gif and that make them claim the "first"smile.gif . There is no way they didn't know HYTEK iVCam, because they actually contacted HYTEK...Oh well, guess "cheap" not just come from China...

Thank you Lava and I remembered there was another post here at lava earlier, we were discussing about 3D and that was part of my motive to create a 3D webcam...smile.gif (we were talking about Polar express in 3D movie back then).

Sorry for the rant, I thought this is the best comfortable place to complain.smile.gif

Irene