Is there a way to Prevent XP to Standby?

Hello,

I have a LabView application, that continuously acquires data. If the PC enters in a Standby mode, the acquisition is stopped by the system and an error is returned.

Is there a way directly from LabView, to prevent the system to enter in a Standby mode?

Thank you for your help!

I know the way by right clicking on the desktop, selecting "Settings", selecting tab "Screen Saver" and clicking the button "Energieverwaltung" (how was it in english :ninja: , don't remember). But this is done interactively.

If you were looking for an automated method, I'm sure there must be an API-call where you can get/set this property, make a seach in MSDN... good luck!

• 3 weeks later...

The Win32 call SystemParametersInfo has stuff about the screen saver, power management and many other things...

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default....ametersinfo.asp

When I launch my monitoring VI, I extend the screen saver timeout using that call (I modified some spaghetti found on the NI boards for this purpose):

Download File:post-3022-1145046622.vi

The Win32 call SystemParametersInfo has stuff about the screen saver, power management and many other things...

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default....ametersinfo.asp

When I launch my monitoring VI, I extend the screen saver timeout using that call (I modified some spaghetti found on the NI boards for this purpose):

Download File:post-3022-1145046622.vi

Do you need to have administrator rights to change this setting?