X Control Question

I created a simple XControl. It consists of a switch and a LED light. When the switch is on the light is on and vice versa. Some of my end users like to have to light associated with an on/off switch so I will be using this alot.

Is there a way to resize the elements that make up the XControl for each control I drop into a new project? All I have been able to do is resize the whole thing. I might want to only resize the LED light or the switch. Is there a way to do this or is the container the only thing that I can resize?

I checked out the example and could only resize the container there too.

I created a simple XControl. It consists of a switch and a LED light. When the switch is on the light is on and vice versa. Some of my end users like to have to light associated with an on/off switch so I will be using this alot.

Is there a way to resize the elements that make up the XControl for each control I drop into a new project? All I have been able to do is resize the whole thing. I might want to only resize the LED light or the switch. Is there a way to do this or is the container the only thing that I can resize?

I checked out the example and could only resize the container there too.

Such a control is a standard in Labview since version 2.52 (or such). It's called LED button. Or did I miss the point about your new XControl?

LED button:

post-833-1143578754.png?width=400

Yes, i believe you can resize the individual elements that make up the XControl. However, it will be a bit tedious as you will have to do it programmatically. You can handle the Panel Resize event within your Facade VI and appropriately set the scaling factors/dimensions for whichever components you wish to.

I didn't use the built in one because:

1. You can't resize the button separate from the LED, which is what I am trying to do

2. I wanted a switch control, not a push button control to go with the LED

3. It's kind of ugly looking

Thanks for the info.