This problem is similar to others I have read on this site.

I have an application that is saved with options for application distribution (saved to a library without diagrams and including vi library calls). I have an installation program that only installs the runtime engine. The run-time is LabVIEW 7.1. The application runs correctly on machines using the runtime that I have distributed. However, when this application is loaded on a machine that also has a development version it starts looking for the lvanlys.dll in the resource directory. Both development versions are 7.1 and the lvanlys.dll are the same size 540 KB and located in the same directory structure.

My solution was to program around as many others indicated. This included the mean.vi and 1D Polynomial Evaluation.vi I will include my version of the polynomial evaluation for scrutiny. It provides close enough results for what I need and is nearly as quick as the native call. (Feel free to criticize if you have a better method.)

As we plan to develop, together as a team I would like to find out what we can do to correct this problem in the future.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Randall

Download File:post-274-1143665754.vi

Randall,

I don't EVER know of a good reason to save VI's without the diagrams - LabVIEW will cannot update the code to a different version - and it is impossible to recover the diagram.

I would think the problem relates to the this.

Regards

Jack Hamilton

Thanks for the reply.

I tried to package with diagrams with similar results. Usually I do not remove diagrams. This case was to reduce size of application (37.2 to 24.4 MB) that is run mostly on laptops and only on company computers. I know that by today

Thanks for the reply.

I tried to package with diagrams with similar results. Usually I do not remove diagrams. This case was to reduce size of application (37.2 to 24.4 MB) that is run mostly on laptops and only on company computers. I know that by today