Advanced Dialogs in LW

Hi evreybody,

I've faced two problems with Dialogs in LW.

1.) I need to create a Two Button Dialog Form with some Check Boxes on it.

2.) Before Dialog starts, Enabled State for some Check Boxes should be changed to Disabled programmatically.

I am a newbie in LabWiev scripting and and I'll appriciate your help very much.

Hi evreybody,

I've faced two problems with Dialogs in LW.

1.) I need to create a Two Button Dialog Form with some Check Boxes on it.

2.) Before Dialog starts, Enabled State for some Check Boxes should be changed to Disabled programmatically.

I am a newbie in LabWiev scripting and and I'll appriciate your help very much.

When I'm faced with problems like this I always take the Express VI called "Prompt User for Input" and set it up with the inputs I want. Then I convert it over to a regular VI and perform the default settings and other programming changes that I want to make. The Prompt User for Input Express VI is located in the Time and Dialog subpallette (at least it was in LV 7 and 7.1), I think the pallette name has changed, but you could also do a search for this VI in the pallette in LV 8.

But in this case, I can't change text message and disable Check Button during Runtime.

Right... Like I said you have to modify the Express VI by turning it into a regular VI. If you right click on the Express VI you get the option to "Open Front Panel" f ollowed by a dialog stating something like "you won't be able to modify this VI through the Express VI dialog anymore, are you sure you want to do this?" after you click yes, you get to modify the source code behind this subVI, at which point you can modify the code to do what you want.