Matlab Data Files

Hi All,

Has anyone taken the time to create a VI that will convert a 2D array of something into a .mat data file? I have found a number of level 4 generating VIs, but all of these seem to be useful for only one set (variable) of data, and unfortunately I can't seem to find any documentation on how to store multiple data sets in one file. At least for a level 4 .mat file

I have found documentation for level 5 .mat files that would allow multiple sets of data. So if anyone has taken the time to code this up, and doesn't mind sharing, I would like to see your code.

Thanks for your help

Denis

• 3 months later...
Hi All,

Has anyone taken the time to create a VI that will convert a 2D array of something into a .mat data file? I have found a number of level 4 generating VIs, but all of these seem to be useful for only one set (variable) of data, and unfortunately I can't seem to find any documentation on how to store multiple data sets in one file. At least for a level 4 .mat file

I have found documentation for level 5 .mat files that would allow multiple sets of data. So if anyone has taken the time to code this up, and doesn't mind sharing, I would like to see your code.

Thanks for your help

Denis

Hello Denis,

I have....

This is an expensive VI (two weeks of programming) but it works fine now.

It can be used for private use, but not for commercial use ! (Password protected)

I hope it wil help you with your coding.

John

Download File:post-968-1154521929.llb

It can be used for private use, but not for commercial use ! (Password protected)

:question: John - why is it password protected? Is it something anyone will ever use purely privately (ie: never use it in relation to thier work, only for play)? I don't see any reason for the password protection at all...

:question: John - why is it password protected? Is it something anyone will ever use purely privately (ie: never use it in relation to thier work, only for play)? I don't see any reason for the password protection at all...

Hello Crelf,

What i wanted to say is:

If anyone wants to use this vi for his or her study for example, to get LabVIEW data in Matlab file format its free to use and i hope it will be helpfull.

Its not for playing, and fully functional as a sub vi, its even capable of logging data (adding data to an existing martrix).

The password is just for protecting my work becaurse this vi is now being used commercially in the Netherlands.

Best regards,

John

The password is just for protecting my work becaurse this vi is now being used commercially in the Netherlands.

So can you just copy out the reading/writing Matlab bit and show that to us? Otherwise, with your non-commercial and password locked restrictions, all it's really good for is to prove that it can be done and that you did it. If we can't use it, nor see what's behind it to get an idea of how to do it ourselves, then what good is it? I'm not trying to be beligerant (sp?), but I just don't see the point - perhaps I'm not clear on your motivation...

So can you just copy out the reading/writing Matlab bit and show that to us? Otherwise, with your non-commercial and password locked restrictions, all it's really good for is to prove that it can be done and that you did it. If we can't use it, nor see what's behind it to get an idea of how to do it ourselves, then what good is it? I'm not trying to be beligerant (sp?), but I just don't see the point - perhaps I'm not clear on your motivation...

Hello Crelf,

The download is a llb, with all the sub vi's that are used, even the previous version is there without password. (tomat.vi). If you want you can see what's behind to get the whole picture. Everybody that likes to puzzle can do it.

Bye

John